Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is the thread about "Page Break" of today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tivoli0

MIS
Dec 7, 2001
IL
I've replied today to an article regarding of how to use a page break in this forum.

Howcome I don't see it?

-Tivoli0

This happens a lot....more than I think it should (and I think this thread will also be deleted within the next couple of days). Usually it's because of someone red flagging the thread due because it's turned into a flame war or is offensive to some....this thread, I don't know why was deleted...I wonder if some threads get "lost" because I've noticed a good deal of them disappearing for seemingly no reason lately.

Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------
RISTMO Designs
Arab Church
Reference Guides

oh, well, thanks RISTMO for *your reply.
Since I believe you were on that thread, so let me just repeat what I stated in my reply:

I was able to print out 50 pages on IE5.5 with the following setup:

Code:
<head>

<Style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
H2 {page-break-before:always}
</Style>

</head>

And then I put </h2> in the <body> part every place I wanted the page break to appear. Worked just fine.
FYI.

Thanks again for your reply -Tivoli0

And did it also work with Netscape 6?

I'm even a little surprised about IE 5 working, because I tried before and it didn't work for me....but I think that was IE 6 I tried, and I didn't do it quite like you, so who knows...Maybe I just messed up on the code, but others replied also saying they couldn't make it work.

Rick

-----------------------------------------------------------
RISTMO Designs
Arab Church
Reference Guides

Rick,
I did not try it with anything but IE5.5
Worked great though. -Tivoli0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor