Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is the "security tab"????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratbs75

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2001
BE
Hi,

now it's over 1 hour i'm searching on the web.. looks like MS has well done the job: i can't find how to get the SECURITY TAB show up in organization and all others.... I know i did it 2 years ago...any one remembers how to add teh SECURITY TAB??, thnx

You need to give more information - like what application you're having an issue with. If you're referring to Exchange Admin or Outlook, there is no security tab, but there is a permissions tab. In Exchange Admin, go to Tools|Options and select the Permissions tab. Select the option to Show the Permissions page for all objects.

I may be way off but if you mean the Permissions tab then you'll find the tick box under Tools - Options - Permissions and tick Show Permissions tab for all objects.

i've did that....

what i mean is following:

on the ORGANISATION level by example (in MS Exch 5.5 srvr), when you click on the ORGANISATION title then FILE-PROPERTIES, there are only 2 tabs: GENERAL and PERMISSIONS... where do i get the SECURITY tab to show up???

Hey there,

You are referring to the organisational object security tab, which is hidden by default in Exchange 2000.

You can enable it by creating the reg key discussed in the following article;

264733 XADM: How to Enable the Security Tab for the Organization Object

Well, MarkSe..... not sure U read it all through, but I asked that on Ex5.5, not 2000... 2000 is just floating everywhere on the web, but nothing bout the same hidden problem under version 5.5...!

ratbs75

There has never been a security tab in the properties of the ORG, never ever ever ever! Only details and permissions.

Maybe that's why you can't find anything on the web about it?

hmmmm...... I can't stay 200% to it, but I'm really quiet sure that there IS a sec tab...... i remember 2 years ago I had to do a special thing to add it.... well, maybe I'm dreaming... but.... I could swear that....

Hi sorry I had misread, long day in the office and then online is not a good mix.

Justin is right in one way the article I mentioned explains the closed thing on 5.5 and that is there by defualt there is nothing else.

Mark

thnx for responses guys.... well... looks like I need an urgent recycle of myself..... :/

Thnx for all answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back