Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is that report???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkavanagh

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
IE
Hey all,

I have quite a few reports that have a company logo on them and have quite a bit of uniqie data attached with regard to e-mail etc within enterprise but the powers have introduced a new logo and now need to be changed. Do I need to make the changes outside enterprise and re-import or is there a way of editing the report that is sitting on the server.

I can see some kind of a location and a temp style file name with .rpt extension but its a FTP ?? location and I can t find the actual.

Any help will save me approx a week.

Rgds and Thanks in advance
F

PS I am running a standalone single server installation using windows 2000 server and CE 10 and CR 9.

F

HI,
You should provide version info, but, in Crystal Reports Developer Version you can open the reports directly from the Enterprise Folders..( File..Open..Enterprise Folders).
Make the changes you need and save them - you will probably need to reset the database password ( if one was specified) using the CMC...

Do not attempt to access the oddly-named rpt files directly, although it can be done.

[profile]

I'm afraid that image is buried within.

Turk's suggestion should save you some time, however after saving back to CE you'll need to reset the password AND any parameters. The scheduling and historical instances should be preserved.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back