Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where is szTitle initialized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobo12

Programmer
Dec 26, 2004
US
i automatically generated a win32 .exe using vs.net that simply pops up a window
the line...
TCHAR szTitle[MAX_LOADSTRING];
i looked everywhere trying to find out where the value of szTitle was set, in my program but could not find it. i saw all the places where it was used but there was no declaration of the sort szTitle="adware".

yet it had the value of String "adware" b/c that's what i called my project and that's what i saw in the .exe.
would someone explain where the intialization occurred?

by the way, i looked in all the .h & .cpp files and no init. was found either.

You would never use = when setting the content of a character array. This would not even compile.

Look for strcpy()

Generally, the VC template C++ file created at project initialization contains this line and also has a line inside the main program that says something like

LoadString (hInstance, IDS_APP_TITLE, szTitle, MAX_LOADSTRING);

It is loading the string from the string resources which are also placed by the project template. You'll need to go to the resource editor to find that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back