Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is SOP Line Item Description stored

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
US
I apologize for what seems to be an obvious answer, but where is the SOP Line Item Description stored?

For example, if I enter a Sales Order Invoice with a line item based on an existing Inventory Item and I expand the line item, and update the Description for that Inventory Item, in what table is that updated description stored when I post that invoice?

SOP...?

Thanks in advance...

My bad. SOP30300

Now the question is... how to get that to print on the GL Trial Balance.

Since the postings to the GL are based on the total invoice, not each line item, (one posting for multiple invoice lines) it is not possible without additional work.

You can open the distributions window and enter additional 30 characters per GL Distribution line, and that transfers to the GL20000 table, depending on your posting settings. Then, that could be exposed on the trial balance.

I suppose you could write some VBA or SQL script to split/create multiple GL lines in the distribution, and copy the item description--prior to posting the invoice, to achive your goal.

I had to do something similar - it was a two step jump in SQL

Current year GL is GL20000 and you need to us the ORCTRNUM field. This is the invoice number. You should be able to link that to the SOP30300.SOPNUMBE

SO - my code to do this is similar to below
Code:
select INV.ITEMDESC
FROM         GL20000 AS GL INNER JOIN
                      SOP30300 AS INV ON INV.SOPNUMBE = GL.ORCTRNUM
WHERE     (INV.SOPTYPE = '3' OR
                      INV.SOPTYPE = '4')

This should get you started - GL30000 is the previous years so if you have to go backwards this might help. ONLY PROBLEM I have run into is when the SOPNUMBE is in the same range for Invoices (3) as for REturns (4) - if this is the case you could have problems.

wanting this on the GP Trial balance may not be do-able. I am not a big REport WRiter fan so we re-wrote it in SSRS recently. BUT before that I used part of the above code to reload the 'DSCRIPTN' in the GL. Normally for invoices on our system this says 'Sales' - I used the above code and made another jump to the Item table to get the Class code. So our Reference field said 'Sales - WOMBATS' and 'Sales - COWS'.... you get the idea - Only problem was that MANY Item Classes could be on one GL entry - so I did some fancy concatination so they could see each unique type in the string and updated it once a day. THEN the GL reports seemed to do what we wanted. YMMV

This help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back