Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is SMGR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitj11

Systems Engineer
Nov 29, 2021
US
This probably sounds incredibly dumb and it's probably a long shot, but I don't know where to locate SMGR for my Avaya Aura v6.3 system. It's a decade-old system installed by a contractor who left barely any documentation for what they did. I have a handful of IP addresses for various VMs like CM, CDOM, DOM0, SM, SAL, etc...but nothing for the SMGR.

Any tips for finding SMGR? [ponder]

1.open your SM command line
2.use "cat /etc/hosts"
3.you may find smgr ip address on it

From what Kallen said you should find it. It will be labeled with a tailing entry on the line of AsmSysMgr. You will likely see 2 entries with that tailing entry AsmSysMgr and AsmSysMgr1 and it will most likely be the entry with the 1 but it's possible it can be the other one. You can test it out with a browser by going to ip or FQDN from the hosts file}/network-login

hmmmm the next wrinkle would be that I don't know what the logins are for SM. The admin or root logins I use on other VMs don't work on SM. Having trouble finding documentation for clues on the logins as well. Any thoughts on default logins to try for SM? Or another VM to find SMGR info in?

cust/cust01 or custpw are what I would try first.

Try looking at the config in SAL, you may find SMGR IP in there.

Yea those logins don't work...and nothing in SAL. I've gone thru all of my VMs that I have logins for checking the /etc/hosts file and none of them have it. Any way to reset logins on SM from another VM?

Open a ticket with Avaya and have them reset cust password. Not likely that you have root access unless your company has previously signed the waivers and paid Avaya for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back