Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is "Hierarchical Display" Universe Designer in Crystal 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I connect to a universe in Crystal 2008, under the list of objects in the universe I see two radio buttons "All Objects" and "Hierarchies".

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

HI hilfy, thanks I found!

Now the problem is something else, I do not understand very well, did not yield any universe for me to connect, how do I create a universe? I only have Crystal Reports installed in 2008? lack any installation?

The universe is created by another application other than Crystal Reports 2008?

If you can help me!

Douglas.

You can't create a universe unless you have the full version of the BusinessObjects software (Enterprise or Edge.) I'm not sure if they're available with Crystal Server or not, but I suspect not. Universes live inside BusinessObjects and you have to connect to a BO Central Management Server (CMS) in order to access them.

So, your options for connecting to your data are:

1. Select the individual tables that you need.
2. Create Commands where you write your own SQL against your database.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Oi, eu só tenho a versão do Crystal instalada então não vou poder criar um universo.
Mas o meu problema maior é o seguinte:
Eu criei vários Commands para utilizar nos parametros dinâmicos, e utilizei o select expert record, para inserir as clausulas where.
Quando eu publico o relatório no portal(Crystal Server), e abro o relatório pelo CMC os parâmetros que são dinâmicos só aparecem uma caixa de texto, não aparecem a LOV
Você pode me ajudar?

Thanks

Douglas.

I'm sorry, I don't understand Spanish.

-Dell

In English! Sorry!

Hi, I have only the version of Crystal installed so I will not be able to create a universe.
But my biggest problem is the following:
I have created several commands to use in dynamic parameters, and used the select record expert, to insert the where clause.
When I publish the report in the portal (Crystal Server), and open the report by the CMC are dynamic parameters that appear only a text box does not appear to LOV
Can you help me?

Thanks

Douglas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back