Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is my Windows VISTA Express upgrade? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyula

Technical User
Jan 15, 2002
US
Last December I bought an Acer Aspire notebook running WinXP Media Edition. I qualified for a free upgrade to VISTA Home Premium. At the end of this February I applied for this upgrade and in a month or so received a not very clear e-mail stating that my upgrade request had been received and that I would be receiving a copy of VISTA--but no date or timeline. To date have received nothing further.

Yesterday I tried to reach the vendor hadnling the upgrade (a company called Moduslink), but I was not able to get an anwer to my query of when I should expect my upgrade. Their "800" number has been disconnected. They have a computer "read" and answer the e-mails I send and the answer I received, as with earlier e-mails, answered a completely different question. On their Website they have an "Order Status" form to fill out, but all I received back was basically the same information I had input into this form with the "Shipping Date" blank.

Anyone have an idea when--or even if--I will receive my upgrade?

Have any of you already received your upgrade?

Plus any advice for me to follow up with would be greatly appreciated.

May 27
STILL NO VISTA UPGRADE.

You will remember that on May 3rd I recieved an e-mail from Moduslink stating that I would soon receive my upgrade to VISTA. Unfortunately to date nothing has arrived. On May 25th sent Moduslink an e-mail stating this fact and asking with is happening with my upgrde. Within hours I received a machine-generated reply stating that they would have a reply "within two business days."

Sigh ...

WELL, MY VISTA UPGRADE FINALLY ARRIVED!!

It arrived with USPS regular mail on May 31st.

Enclosed was a cardboard envelope with an Acer logo on it and labelled "Express Upgrade to Windows Vista DVD and Acer Upgrade DVD" On the back of the envlope was an official Microsoft COA sticker (Which one was supposed to permanently affix to the back of the computer once one had installed Vista.

The enclosed two DVDs were both labelled as being from Acer--not Microsoft.

Basically the whole package was as if it were sent by Acer. This is rather surprising as the two times I called Acer looking for my upgrade I was told that Acer had nothing to do with the upgrade, could give me no assistance whatsoever, and told me to contact Moduslink or Microsoft for any and all assistance.

Well, all's well that ends well. Thanks for earlier assistance and words of encouragement.

Gyula

Glad to hear it showed up in the end.

Hope you have a painless upgrade ;-)

TazUk

Programmer An organism that turns coffee into software. [morning]
Unknown Author

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back