Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is my old "Minus Front" pathfinder filter?? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bside

Programmer
Dec 12, 2002
ES
Hi,
I would like to know where is my old "Minus Front" pathfinder filter in AI 10. Does anybody knows what happened?

Thanks!
Dani

Check in the palettes list. The 'Path Finder' now has a palette of its own.

But there is no minus front button...

Thanks anyway!

You are right that there is no 'minus front' but the operation is still available. Look in the top row under 'Shape Modes'. It is the second button, 'Subtract from shape area'.

Hi,

Just found this thread. Still, it's not the same as the old "minus front" routine. The 10 equivalent just creates a mask and doesn't really eliminate the top piece. Is there still an alternative or a preference?

Thanks,
DanH

daniel

Just do what jimoblak said then click on the EXPAND button then the top piece is 'eliminated' as you described it.

Alternatively you can swap the stacking order of the objects and then simply click the MINUS BACK button.

You can hold the 'alt' or 'ctrl' key (i forget which) when clicking on the button to avoid the mask. Hovering your cursor over these pathfinder buttons should give tooltip details.

Yikes!

That holding alt tip is worth two stars. Bravo jimoblak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back