Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is my data in Activity Monitor? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenster67

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2006
US
We had our master server go down, but we got it back up ...then i go to activity monitor and i can only see jobs from 09/01/2006 on....
It is wierd. I have a report with a job number that says partial backup. i TRY TO QUERY THE database with the job number and I cannot get any data on it.

Am i missing data? i have one master server and about 15 media servers on a campus.

Did you have the NetBackup db mirrored and are perhaps now looking at an older instance?

>>i can only see jobs from 09/01/2006 on....
do you mean jobs from today back to 9/1?

If you want to see if there are images that can be restored for a particular client in the last 72 hours then you can run
bpimagelist -U -client <clientname> -hoursago 72

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

this is what i keep in my bp.conf file -

#
# the below 2 params can only be set between 3 and 720 (up to 30days).
# (these settings keep backup job history)
# - if a value >720 is used, the default of 72hrs is invoked - not good!..
# 230204 - moved these 2 settings from job.conf as job.conf is being phased out.
KEEP_JOBS_HOURS = 720
KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS = 720
#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back