Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is Internet Explorer 6 SP1 located to uinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleezhelp

Technical User
Jan 2, 2005
PH
Hi,

I made the mistake of running my norton anti-virus program while installing the Internet Explorer 6 SP1. Where is the SP1 located to uninstall? I looked in the add/remove section and it is not there.

I also downloaded the Windows XP SP1 (Express). I found this XP SP1 in the add/remove section.

However, I cannnot find the Internet Explorer 6 SP1 anywhere to remove.

Any help would be appreciated. Joyce.

IE6 SP1 is included in XP SP1 (so I believe). Which one did you install first? It may be that they have become amalgamated.

This is still very new and not much information is available yet. I wonder what would happen if you tried to run System Restore. (You could check the restore points to see if it created any as the SP's loaded).

These links might also offer you a way out.

Hi linney,

First, I installed the Internet Explorer 6 SP1.

Second, I installed the Windows XP SP1 (Express).

I'll check the links out that you provided.

Thanks for the help,
Joyce.

Linney,

Think IE 6 SP1 is separate from XP SP1 - they're offered as such on Windows Update & historically IE service packs have been separate from NT/2k ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back