Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is admin.cwr and what does this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

savi

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
US
Hi,

I was trying to to call CMC and Eportfolio pages from local intranet site, when I look in to the file default.csp in admin folder, the file contains only response.redirect("admin.cwr"). Could you please tell me that Where is this file and what this file does?
Appreciate your answer.

admin.cwr resides here:
/crystal/enterprise/admin/en/admin.cwr

it is the login page for the CMC.

Hi Neil,
Sorry, I couldn't find this file, do you guys have any other idea. Is this hidden file or what?
Thanks.

The best way to explain why the admin.cwr file does not exist is to explain the slight difference in the way that ePortfolio and CMC are implemented.

The ePortfolio application is a series of "real" HTML, CSP, JS and GIF files installed on either the web server or web component server.

The CMC application on the other hand does not exist as traditional web application. The CMC is really a series of URL commands with parameters being passed to the Web Component Server which are in turn processed by a series of DLLs. The Web Component Server then generates the HTML pages that are seen by the user. The "admin.cwr" in the redirect command is really an instruction that is passed to the Web Component Server call the CMC. The .CWR extension translates to "Crystal Web Request".

Now to get ePortfolio and CMC working on your local intranet site you must ensure that the correct variant of the CE Web Connector is installed on the web server and configured correctly (via the CCM).

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Steve Remington
Wave Business Solutions
steve.remington@wavebusiness.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back