Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is Addin VB6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
AU
Hi there,

I'm very new to VB (3 days) and I need to create an addin.
(I am following someone's instructions)

When I start VB the New Project pops up.
This screen is supposed to have an option "Addin" but on my screen it is not there.

Any ideas why I cannot see addin?

Many thanks

What exactly are you trying to do or create?

The term "Addin" (or Addon) can be used for a small project that is to work with another existing program (not necessarily VB). In this case you might want to start with a standard project.

Could is also mean a small project that will be added to a bigger VB project? Then you might want an ActiveX dll project.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Hi Zemp,

What am I doing? good question!
I'm following instructions from the mappoint application.
Mappoint is a "sexed up"(this is a uk term) version of autoroute. It allows the user to create VB applications to automate the processing of data held in the mappoint database.
The instructions state that I should :-

Start Visual Basic 6.0, and on the New tab, click Addin, and then click Open.
A designer class (Connect) and a form (frmAddIn) are added to your project.

This Addin is non-existant in my New Project Window.

Thanks and regards,

Hi Mizzy:

In the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Template\Projects, do you have the following files?

AddIn.DCA
AddIn.DSR
AddIn.FRM
AddIn.VBP

These files provide VB with the AddIn form on the New tab.

The files can be located on the VB6.0 installation disc under the directory \VB98\template\projects.

Cassie

Hi mizzy

Whatever projects you see in New Tab are the templates created while installin VB. Template projects are usulaly kept in the ollowing folder:

Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\Template\Projects

Please check out if this folder have a project called Addin.
I hope the Addin template project is not available in this folder. Please check this folder, if u don't have, contact me in the followin mail id i will send the project.

Som
som761976@yahoo.co.uk

As Cassie said, you may have to install the 'Addin' project template from your VB CD's.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Thanks guys for all your help.
I have re-installed from scratch and all is OK.

Regards.

mizzy,

I just ran across you post while trying to find info about VB6 Addins. I'm wondering if you would be so kind as to take a look at my post and let me know if you can help.

Thanks!

Jeff

Here is a link to my post:

thread707-695661

Just wanted to let you know that my problem has been solved. The answer is in this thread:

thread222-641411

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back