Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where IP Phones failover setting comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibroth

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
IT
I wonder, in a scn, where the failover information that the IP phones get is resident, I mean I tried reading the 46xx file and nothing is specified. Where resides that info and how to check it?

Yes, I know, the question is HOW the IPO releases that info to the IP Phone

The system to which the phone registers tells it. After the settings file and registering with the system they communicate all kinds of stuff that isn't in the settings file.

But why do you want to know? The IP Office line settings also tell the other system which users it should support during resilience. So trying to tell the phone its failover by anyone method is likely to lead to a mismatch where the phone tries to register with the backup but gets refused.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you sizbut but no needing to tell the phone anything, it was just for troubleshooting because even if I set correctly the failover destination the IP phones do not migrate, I was just wondering hot to check the failover information provided by the IPO to the devices.

It happens when the phone registers. So if you make changes in the line settings you need to restart the phone so that they get reregsiter and get told.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back