Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where does Word (2K) store embedded images ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmike

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
IL
Hi,

I received an email with a Word attachement and saved it.

The Word attachment has embedded jpgs in it that I would like to edit but don't know where they are.

I've tried right clicking the images and looking in options/file location for the source but to no avail.

So how do I find out where they are and what they're called ?

Many thanks,

Mike

I suspect that the embedded images are within the document. Are you able to click on the image and does it become highlighted?

If you can, copy it onto the clipboard and paste it from there into a program that will enable to edit a jpg file. You can then do whatever you want.

thanks Rob,

You were right and the images were wmf format which were twenty times bigger than the resulting jpgs !!

Obviously not a very expedient way to send attachments :-(

I did try inserting jpgs back into the document but Word converted them back into WMF format again.

I had thought that Word must store the images somewhere (as jpgs or whatever) but now see the error of my ways.

regards,

Mike

P.S. BTW - zipping the Word file didn't result in big savings either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back