Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where does VSS store file associations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yossid

Technical User
Jul 18, 2000
IL
If anyone is still watching this forum I could use some help.

We're still using VSS (on Win XP) for document version control.

Today the VSS on my computer started misbehaving by opening PDF documents in its own text viewer rather than in Acrobat.

I'm guessing that VSS stores file associations in some kind of configuration file or in the Windows registry, but I can't manage to find it, and of course Microsoft has no support since VSS is a dead product.

I looked in Tools>Options>File Types, but nothing I do there helps. I've also checked those settings on another computer where the VSS is working fine with PDFs, and the File Types settings are the same.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Try holding down shift before opening the file, you should get a window asking you how you would like to open the file.
You could also look under Tools > Options, go to the last tab Custom Editors and see if something is listed for PDFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back