Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do you add the serial Number in arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

draqstar

Technical User
May 5, 2002
AU
Hi I have been told by a couple of users that a licencing Issue with Arcserve 2000 - Where do you put the serial Number - It does nnot ask for this during Inst. I have Looked every where i could posibly thing of to Write it in.

Please can some one help here.

Thanks

Arcserve usually installs a program called regit. Do a search for it or find it in your program files. easy to use, just keep clicking next untill you come to the bit where it says register later. Select register later and you can now put your serial number in

Be aware this will give you 30 days of hassle free use..thereafter it will start appearing in your event log unless you register it fully. You still have full functionality however it is annoying when looking at the logs :(

You must get the LicenseIT update from CA, running it is the only way to license, no serial numbers, no codes.

You have to run the RegisterIT program that gets installed with Arcserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back