Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I start with .NET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxEd

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
Hi,

I want to learn .NET but I do not know where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know enough about programming to write code out of a book and tinker around with code. If anyone can give me some guidance that would be GREAT!! thank you very much!!

MaxEd

If you're asking about a particular area of the .NET Framework, I would suggest getting your head around ADO.NET first. It introduces a lot of concepts that will carry across to other areas and is arguably the most commonly used area of the framework in real world applications.

is a great resource.

Good luck

JoaoTL & resoreMix,

Thanks! I'll take a look at those websites. As far as learning the ADO for .NET I'm not really familiar with the ADO as I should be. What are some of the most popular areas in ADO for .NET that is currently being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back