Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do i set the Media Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlconnolly

Technical User
May 24, 2003
US
Hi all , i am relatively new to netbackup and have a question i am sure someone can answer rather easily .
When setting up a policy the rotation phase in the wizard is where you specify the rention period, this is available again in the gui under attributes of the policies , however where can i set the Media Retention Period, as this retention as definied in the policy seems to equate to Catalog retension period.

Question is where can i specify media rention period?

The retention of the media is the retention of the Schedule under your policy. The only way to set a different retention between 2 pieces of media is to use the Vault option. When your backup retention period expires, it will remove the data from the database.

I assume you are wanting the data to expire out of the database/catalog before your tape retention is up. You can set your media retention to a lower value which in turn you will have to import the media.

Hope this helps.

thanks !

another question on an aix 5.1
i am seeing this error could not get globaldc hostname (mm status 70)
any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back