Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I obtain newer firmware for Avaya 5610SW? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjuser

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
We are needing to upgrade our firmware for our Avaya 5610SW phones. We are currently on 10d01a2_8_3.bin (version: 2.8.3) and from what I have been told 2.9.1 is the newest firmware.

I have looked and can't find download link on support.avaya.com
And I don't have an SSO to create a support account.

Thanks!

The firmware of your phones is dependent on the version of IPO you are running. You can't just upgrade your phones without upgrading your IPO. The proper files needed are located within the administration download for your version of IPO. This is located on the PC running Manager.

Thank you. I have recently taken over this position and still learning our Avaya system. That makes sense.
We are running IP Office 6.1, is there somewhere I can look to see what the highest firmware is for 6.1 and the 5610SW?

Thanks again.

Or is there usually only one firmware version per IPO version? If so then you can ignore my previous question.

For IP Office R6.1.20 firmware 2.9.1 is the proper for 5610SW Telephones. It is listed in the Avaya Tech Bulletin for each release, but you need an Avaya SSO to access this information these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back