Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I go for info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molenski

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
DE
Hi there,

I have been in IT for about 4 years now but still have no formal quals although I have attended quite a few courses. I would like to do a MS exam in Win 2000 networking (or something similar) to gain a MCP for a start but I'm not sure where to go etc.

I have spoken to my boss who says he will pay for an online course but most sites seem well....not too brill. Can anyone offer advice/clarification on how to start and recommend a decent place to get started.

Regards.

Molenski

I am not a fan of online courses for Certification coursework. I think the best way to get cetified is to get a book and then setup a test machine at work or home and just start hammering away at it. Use the book to do the actual activities on the server or workstation and then by doing it you will retain it. Such things as using the MMC console etc. Sybex has a great book on the 210 or 215 exam which either one will get you your MCP. These two exams are part of the core examse for MCSE and MCSA track. Take 215 if you work on servers more or 210 if you work with Windows Professional more. The other thing I would recommend since your boss is willing to spend money - get the Transcender simulation CBT exams on CD. These are fantastic and helped me alot. I read the book and then took the Transcender simulation exams until I passed each one and I did well.
Here is MS track CBT's-

GMAN
MCP,MCSA,CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back