Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do I find instructions for Dial-up remote access for BCM400

Status
Not open for further replies.

anewlinii

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2008
US
Are there any detailed instructions for remote admin access for the BCM 400 4.0?

In the Nortel doc's. Have fun trying to find them though. Look under the Administrator guide, but the instructions are scattered around different guides.
Maybe your interconnect can help you if you call them.

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

I dont think so, I have have spent the last two days between this post, my docs what docs I have for the BCM and Nortel website and nothing goes into onhow to access the BCM remotely, it all just tells you on how to set up the BCM but not how to go about accessing the BCM.

Ok got it, thanks for the responses. Everthing I found was to set up, not siying to dial in and the then connect via the Element manager. I had set up the BCM 400 to call me back after intial connection,but that part didnt work. I have a truck connected right to the modem port set to answer after a set number of rings. Dialed in via POTS, it aswered, connected, and then I connected via the element manager.

Thanks for all the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back