Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHERE DO I BEGIN? USER PROFILES/SCRIPTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoy

MIS
Jul 30, 2001
GB
Please help me !!

i've just set up an nt network with pdc/bdc and one workstation as an experiment before i do my mcp, but where do i go from here regards user profiles and login scripts and which first, especially login scripts, how do i even implement them i have no idea, please give me with a step by step guide or point me to a web page that offers the same, would really appreciate this,
thanks in advance you clever people
matt.

Ahoy,

I've already replied to similar question, please check out this link:

thread55-107287 think this will give you some ideas.... Let us know if you have any other questions ...

-hope this helps.. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

logon scripts are just a drivemapping normally saved as batch file e.g. net use h: \\server\share\folder.
these batch files have to be stored in c:\winnt\system32\repl\import\scripts (this is the netlogon share)
as for profiles you can specify them to store them wherever you like in usermanager for domains, change the file extension from .dat to .man to make them manditory, etc..etc.. check out the NT help files and experiment, its the best way to learn.

hope this helped
Jon
MCSE+I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back