Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deezul

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
Had a 200server crash during a program update and the priv.edb and public.edb files are now gone. It is CRITICAL I get them back. I tried trial versions of a bunch of software inluding Ontrack etc and nothing could even see the files were there! I need a real good ecovery solution to get these files back as most ordinary recovery software isn't even seeing them. I mean if they aren't on the disk where could they have gone? Any help is appreciated.

Keep in mind that experimentation on your part may reduce the ability of a recovery firm to get data back later.

Listings below are either things I've seen mentioned in various threads here or have found in google searches on data recovery. I cannot give you any info about any of them based on personal experience.

Middle of a series of short articles on data recovery:

thanks, I'll check those links for ideas............I havent "plyed" with it much really but I want to send it out only as a absolute last resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back