Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I purchase an IPOSS contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itguy604

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2012
CA
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can purchase an IPOSS agreement for my IP500v2 R8.1?

I can't seem to find any information online.
The sites I've been normally using to buy license keys, doesn't have such item listed.

Is this something not every retailer is qualified to sell? or does Avaya provide such horrible
service that nobody wants to offer it.

And before anyone suggest that I go back to my original reseller.
I'm not very happy with them. They are 3 time zones away. I rather not deal with them anymore.

thanks for your help.

Any Avaya Business Partner in your area of the world can help you out.

NTS Direct

Hi Everyone..

I finally found a reseller that will sell me an IPOSS contract..

My goal is to be able to login to support.avaya.com to Open Tickets & Download Patches etc..
We would like to maintain the system in-house. I don't want to give anyone VPN access to my network.

But the reseller is saying that "IPOSS is sold by an Avaya partner and allows the Partner to
contact Avaya on behalf of the end customer. It does not allow an end customer direct access to Avaya."
On top of selling me the IPOSS, the partner wants to charge me $125/hr for labor..

Is this true? Am I being sold the right token?
Can someone help me.. thanks.

Avaya need all issues qualifying and sanity checking before being reported to themselves and someone trained and certified to test/trace and implement any suggestions/fixes , this is done by an Avaya Business Partner. They don't allow end users/customers direct access to the support framework without a BP in the mix :)

Itguy said:
On top of selling me the IPOSS, the partner wants to charge me $125/hr for labor..
You rather see them work for free? [smile]
Avaya collects the IPOSS fee, local live tech not included.
(Over here $125 would be an insane bargain, $250 is normal)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I have to agree with all of the above statements.
Avaya doesn't want 6000 customers opening tickets for issues a trained tech can fix in an hour and congesting their support network. Not to say that you may not be also able to fix most of your issues but that is an exception if that is the case.

You will have to bite the bullet and get time and material support with the IPOSS.
The IPOSS is giving you hardware and software support but basically it is hardware insurance and the ability to upgrade without purchasing an upgrade license.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back