Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I get a .inf for a Sun monitor for win98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecut

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
US
I bought a used sun monitor model cpd-4410 that has a refresh rate of 85hz at 1280x1024.
I also have an ATI allinwonder 7500 card that should support at least 75hz.
My settings allow me to set it at 75hz , but the monitor itself reports only 60hz.
I can't find a .inf file for this monitor anywhere, and have tried many different ones including sony (It has a trinitron tube).
At the show where I purchased it the osd displayed it at 85 hz.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce

I just went to the Sun Microsystems site and they have 2 separate areas dealing with your trouble. the 1st one states that you have to adjust your video card to match the monitor refresh rate :

The second one has all the specs on your particular model including pinouts voltage and all the various refresh rates the monitor will accept. :

I hope this will help u resolve your issue with the monitor, and please post how you solved your problem as it will help if others have the same trouble.

Thank you for responding.
I had visited those sites previously and could not find an answer.
My monitor recommends a setting of 1280 x 1024 @85 hz but identifies the current setting as 1280x1024 @60hz.
Windows tells me I'm set at 75hz.
I have tried adjusting my video card to many different settings without affecting the refresh rate according to the monitor OSD.
That is why I was thinking that perhaps if I had a .inf file to tell windows just exactly what kind of monitor I am using, it might take.
As I said I tried a number of different monitor types .inf files to no avail.
Thanks again
-Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back