Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where Can I Find???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry625

Technical User
Nov 3, 2001
US
Somewhere along the way I lost the dvd driver for my Compaq 5000 P/C. (Windows 98SE) It was MEDIAMATICS DVD. I TRIED to recover it by going to the HP/Compaq web which invloved downloading the driver to a floppy. (which I did). However I am unable to succesfully load the floppy as it must be loaded in MS/DOS mode and I am competely at a loss . The instructions to load that floppy are all Greek to me. I boot from this floppy and all I get is command :A// prompt. Can anyone help me either unravel this MS/DOS mess or point me to a place where I can download a substitue DVD driver??

Well I went thru all the "MEMBERSHIP" hoop-la and got this download which is an "OPEN WITH" !! Now I cannot find the icon (it is an icon of 2 gear). Now how do I find this program to open this file. ?? Thanks for the quick reply but need some more help to get me this file downloaded.

You don't open a .dll. You need to copy it to the appropriate directory after you save it.
From the download page:
"Copy it to your X \Program Files\Mediamatics\DVDExpress\DVD Folder, as well as your Windows, and Windows/system folders (just to be sure)."

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back