Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can i find the technical specifications about ELU32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldanondo

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
ES
Hello,

I would like to know about the techical specifications about ELU32.

They've told me that it's capable of having 16 simultaneous conversations between IP extensions or 8 between IP extensions and other type of extensions (analogue or digital)

Is this true? Is there going to be in short time a new release of the ELU32 that is capable of supporting 16 simultaneous conversations between IP extensions and other kind of extensions?

Thank you very much

Hi baldanondo,

As far as I am aware there are currently two different ELU32 boards. These are the ROF1375416/2 and ROF1375428/1. Each requires a 16 timeslot position within a magazine.

The first one connects to a 10Mb/s LAN whereas the second one can connect to either a 10 or a100Mb/s LAN.

The first one only makes use of 3 timeslots maximum (0 for signalling, 1&2 for gateway calls). It can have 12 IP clients registered and can handle a maximum of 2 gateway calls+7 non-gateway calls OR 8 non-gateway calls. A gateway call is one going into the "conventional" switching domain of the MD110. A non-gateway call is an IP-IP call between clients. (I would guess here that in fact a maximum of 6 non-gateway calls is nearer the actual truth as there can only be a maximum of 12 clients ?)

The latter board makes use of 9 timeslots maximum (0 for signalling, 1 - 8 for gateway calls). It can have 48 IP clients registered and can handle a maximum of 8 gateway calls+20 non-gateway calls OR 24 non-gateway calls.

Unfortunately, that's all I know for present. No doubt the latter part of your question (or better than 16) is being addressed by the Ericsson gurus as we speak !

Best Regards

gedii.

Hi gedii,

Thank you very much for the information.

We are now testing an ELU32 with a Dialog 3413, and we would like to test also the softphone (ECC i think it's called)

But our provider has told us that in order to test ECC we need to have DNA installed. Is this true?

Is there any web site to download ECC in order to test it?

Regards

Yes thats true.
ECC is a part of DNA .

You need to install a ECC server (DNA) to be able
to install ECC clients (softphones).

No download.
ECC clients are installed from the dna servers ECC client share.

!Note
You dont ned a full dna installation ,
just a scaled down one that runs on a server as ECC server.

syar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back