Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find standards for Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelintheUK

Programmer
May 24, 2003
GB
I am familiar with Windows design guidelines and use of the standards in Access re database design, naming conventions in VB etc..

What I am looking for are similar rules for Excel (the actual practical examples I come across often look bizarre).

I have seen a couple of suggestions on an Australian website such as using Arial true type (or Verdanna for web based use) and limiting colours to white, black and 2 shades of grey.

Could anyone please help by suggesting others or point me in the direction of websites etc..

thanks

Hello Glen

Thanks for the tip.

I find it incredible given the emphasis in modern computer texts on the human computer interface and usability guidelines that there is so little guidance available about these in relation to Excel. Given the widespread use of Excel that exists for all sorts of tasks (some frankly bizarre and inappropriate) while there has been some emphasis on testing and the error prone aspects found in much usage) there is not more said about the need for consistency and design standards.

thanks

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back