Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find information for prolog? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345robert

Programmer
Apr 9, 1999
US
Prolog is a language I don't know much about, and I have been having trouble finding books or sites on the Prolog language. So I would adpreseat it if anyone could point me in the right direction, book or web site.

A month ago I downloaded Trinc-Prolog. An great compiler/interpreter with lots of documentation. A very strong feature is the capability to run testscripts so you don't have to repeat your tests by hand. The trial-version works until August 1. You can dowload it at<br>
<br>
<br>
John

Try <br>
There's a freeware version (for personal use) available<br>
<br>
Visual Prolog is pretty advanced, but it comes with a lot of examples and tutorials for the simple stuff.<br>

Have a look at the books<br>
<br>
Programming in Prolog<br>
Third Edition<br>
W.F. Clocksin & C.S. Mellish<br>
Published by Springer-Verlag<br>
ISBN 3-540-17539-3<br>
<br>
The Craft of Prolog<br>
First Edition<br>
R. A. O’Keefe<br>
Published by MIT Press<br>
ISBN 0-262-15039-5

The book that helped me learn Prolog (and I think is the standard book in many Prolog programming courses) is by Ivan Bratko and if I recall correctly is called &quot;The Prolog Programming Language&quot;, published by Addison-Wesley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back