Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I find a list of Excel Worksheet Functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanbag

Instructor
Dec 3, 2001
US
I am looking to locate a complete listing of all worksheet functions available in Excel 2000 and a brief description of what each function does. If possible I would like to find an electronic version. All suggests welcome. Paging with the help screens is just too time consuming and recreating a list is even more time consuming.

I can relate to paging through the help screens. I took an advanced Excel class a few years back and found myself not only wasting tons of time with the built in help, but getting frustrated by Clippy. Needless to say, he was turned off pretty quickly! I can't remember the site that I had used, but there is one at: The layout isn't as good as it could be, but I think it should save you a significant amount of time. Enjoy! Corey Palmer
AllPro Technology

When you are in the spreadsheet click on the menu bar and select "Insert" and from the drop-down menu select "Function" and on the left side of the pop-up window choose "all." Then you can scroll through the list.

Good Luck

search the help on "worksheet functions"

then choose "A bibliography of financial, statistical, and engineering methods" from the list

then select the "see also" link.

Get the book "Excel 2002 Formulas" by John Walkenbach. It lists all the excel functions plus the ones in the analytic pack that also comes with excel. He also includes on his cd more date functions that he created. Excellent book to learn how to write formulas and functions. I use it when I teach.

WHY BUY? this tells it all

search the help on "worksheet functions"

then choose "A bibliography of financial, statistical, and engineering methods" from the list

then select the "see also" link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back