Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can i download Cisco unity 7.1.3? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizmm

Instructor
Mar 8, 2004
US
We purchased two new Unity servers and all the wonderful licensing that goes along with them. Unfortunately, we purchased Unity version 8 and we want to run version 7.1.3. I spoke with TAC and them gave me the 30 minute run around ultimately ending in checking the cisco download site.

Could somebody tell me where to find the Unity 7.1.3 media download? I found references to unity software downloads on cisco's site, but I cant actually find version 7.1.3. Thanks

PS, I do have a valid CCO, thanks

I assume you need Unity connection and not Unity as you say.

You will only find the upgrade to 7.1.3 and not the new install disc on cco. You need the install disc which is a bootable disc.
You will need to order it from cisco, which should be free but you have to go through the software order procedure.

You will probably get the latest7.X version which is 7.1.5.

version 8 is stable and solid so unless you are having compatibility issues go to 8.

Our company has decided to go with 7.1.3 per a recommendation from an outside consultant. He was totally against version 8, he just thought that 7 would be a better fit to the environment we have right now.

Cisco is so frustrating, I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes yesterday trying to get the 7.1.3 media and all they kept telling me was to look on their website. Do you know the exact area to start the "software order procedure?" otherwise I'm afraid I will just get bounced around in Cisco's endless voice menu :)

Thanks again for your help!

By the way as rule of thumb TAC is not there to ship software and they will not do that unless there is a pressing issue like a major bug that caused an outage, etc.

Great thanks, now I just need to figure out which one my software contract is? They overwhelm you when you purchase all the Unity licensing with all the different contracts and support numbers. Would it be my ESW contract #? Thanks

I would look at getting a new consultant as installing an older version for a new install is quite odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back