Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where Can I buy Pardox 9 in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bystander

Technical User
Sep 4, 2001
GB
Hi All,

Paradox 9 applications seem to be taking off as people learn how cheap and reliable they can be if written properly. However, everyone wants the full version rather than Runtime applications. Can anyone advise where I can buy the full version in the UK. Last time I spoke to Corel it was as if they could not relate to anything below version 10. I would be grateful for any ideas

Regards

Bystander

Bystander,

I have heard a couple of things that might help:

1. i have heard that Corel doesn't mind if you install older versions of Paradox in lieu of the current version--provided you obtain a legitimate license of the current version. Meaning, you can install a copy of Paradox 9 at a client's site--if they can prove they've purchased a valid copy of v10.

(Mind you, I confirmed that about 18 months ago and they may have changed their minds since then. You might send an email to their licensing folks, just to make sure.)

2. You could always try the auction sites. it's risky, but better than nothing. (I've had good luck using them to replace older licenses when I've lost (or damaged) my original installation media.) You have to be careful, but it can be done.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Lance,

Many thanks. Corel told me the same thing to, I am just trying to get away from burning copies of version 9 onto CDs. It was so much easier when Borland had Paradox.

Regards

Bystander

Bystander,

Agreed. Borland would happily sell you older versions as long as they had some left in the warehouse. You had to call thier sales line and request it specifically, but they'd still sell it to you, sometimes for less than original list.

Also, since your clients have to buy WPO 2002/Pro to obtain a Paradox license, you might consider burning the SP4 version of WPO 2000/Pro instead of the P9/DevEd. SP4 was never released as a separate service pack and the only way to obtain it is to purchase a set of replacement CD's. Thankfully, Corel allows P9 owners to purchase the SP4 replacements. (I mean, you'd reasonably expect them to, however we've all seen cases where real life isn't always reasonable.)

-- Lance

Last time I looked at e-bay they had some P9. Shipping across the pond ain't that expensive

Bystander,

Does it have to be P9, I have just purchased WP2002 with P10 for $55.00 incl shipping.

Take a look at to see what other goodies they have on offer.

Paul

Paul,

Be careful, that's the OEM version and it doesn't include all the templates, experts, or addins provided with the retail edition. There was a big furor on new newsgroups about it a few months ago; you might be able to find it at groups.google.com.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back