Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where are reports stored on Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2008
GB
Hi

I had a report on my local drive which had uploaded in the Report Viewer. I have since mistakenly deleted the report of my local drive and want to find it on the Reports server so that I can take a copy back.

I can run the report in our web application and can see it's entry in dbo.Catalog but cannot find the report stored anywhere!

Is it actually physically stored anywhere? If not is there anyway I can get to the coding so that I do not have to start again from scratch?

Many Thanks
Annie

The RDL files are loaded into the database, and stored as rows in the tables. If you connect to the report server with SSMS you should be able to export the report back out.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I am new to SSRS and am not sure how to do that, could I possibly trouble you for some help with instructions?

Kind Regards
Annie

Annie -

You didn't say which version of SRS you have. If you have 2008, the easiest way I know of is to go to the reports website, find the original deployment folder (make sure you have chosen 'show details'), click on the icon under the 'Edit' column to the left of the report you need. On the next screen under the General 'tab' on the options on the left, there is a section on that page called "report definition"; if you click Edit under that it will ask you where you want to save the report.

This is a new option in 2008 though so if you have 2005 this won't work.

Good Luck!
Sunny

In 2005, the edit button is under the properties tab of the report.

--------------------------
Web/.net Programmer & DBA
Central PA

Thanks ever so much all of you, I have 2005 and have found it easily now thanks to your posts.

Kind Regards
Annie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back