Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where are registration emails stored? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirderf

Technical User
Oct 4, 2000
US
What: stored registration email addresses

Where: on my Local and/or Remote server (they should be the same)

My Question: Is there another file(other than global.asa) that I can look in to find where stored registration emails are residing?

My Problem: My global.asa file shows that I have 3 databases that I am connected to, yet I can only find one on my local or remote server.
library.mdb (found)
library1.mdb (not found)
downloadables.mdb (not found)

Please let me know if you need any more information to help me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd gladly pay you on Thursday
for a hamburger today!

i question like this is ultimate strange.
Are you the developer of this application?
if your webapp runs on ServerA, then most likely (in this case) the database files are located on ServerA too.
your app is using .mdb files which are MS-Access files, which you normally can find with a file search (search *.mdb)
3 database listed in global.asa is not a guarantee that those are the only ones. In any .asp(x) program you can create a (new) database connection. . .

Yes FoxBox,
This is a strange question, but I have found one file, "library.mdb" on my server but nothing else. I am not the developer. Maybe a better way to ask the question is:

Can data be stored in files other than .mdb files?

Thanks for your reply.

I'd gladly pay you on Thursday
for a hamburger today!

yes. in MS-SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle or other "big"commercial DBMS's. MS-Access, MS-Excel,
even in flat files like .TXT of .XML
Old Skool would be: dBASE.
Whith the correct (ODBC) driver then dat could be in any format/ file.

You should start checking the asp source. look for connection string(s), conn.open commands etc. maybe there is a connect.asp include file ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back