Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When you try to burn data to a CD-R or a CD-RW, you do not have the op

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconpwrmn72

Technical User
Jan 10, 2009
US
Hey
Here is my problem can anyone help?

When you try to burn data to a CD-R or a CD-RW, you do not have the option to send data to the CD drive.

When you view the properties of the CD-R drive or the CD-RW drive, you notice that the Recording tab is not displayed in the CD Drive (drive_letter:) Properties dialog box, where drive_letter is the letter of the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive.

Any input would be appreciated

You're wrong.
When I try it, it is there.
Please be more specific: OS, drive type, etc.

Burt

I have never used an IP attached CD, mostly SCSI and ATAPI here, but is there any chance this is Just a CD drive, not a CD burner?

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Jimbo---this goes for ATAPI, SCSI, and IDE as well---any drive device, like on a cd, dvd, blu ray, etc., you can right click on the drive in My Computer (Windoze) and select Properties---the user is talking about the Recording tab not being there.

Burt

Well, Mr. Bacon, you've accomplished 2 things here for me so far:

Made me say, "hu?"

And made me hungry for a bacon sandwich! [wink]

Any follow-ups?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Probably is the Windows Service for burning CDs/DVDs deactivated. You could try this.. go to Start>Run... and type in: "services.msc" without quotes, then press [Enter].

After that you see a list with all the windows services..scroll down until you find "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" double click on it and on the properties select Start type "Manual" and then click on [Start] and [Apply].

That's it you ready.

Visit my website==>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back