Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When using a CCR Tree instead of the AA prompt can extensions still be 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgreen2

Programmer
Aug 10, 2002
US
When using a CCR Tree instead of the AA prompt, can extensions still be dialed directly? How does that work if there is an option 2 in the CCR Tree and the DN's all begin with 2? Also I see that you can add a Menu Point to the first level, but the book says nothing about setting up paths under this Menu Point or "second level" of the tree. The book says "You can assign eight call paths per menu, per level. Each CCR Tree has two levels." So, it sounds like I could have the Home menu with options and a menu point under that with a different set of options. Does anyone know how that works? I am going to be setting this up soon for our Church and really need to know. Thanks

Yes... this is a cool aspect of Norstar's CCR. Though many not using other systems like Avaya's Partner selector codes monster don't have an true appreciation for it.

Let's say you have a path 2 in CCR tree and your system extensions begin with 221. When you are in the CCR tree and enter "2" the system is waiting a period of time. If after this period expires and no digits are entered then it knows that you were choosing path 2. If you do enter digits within the time period, then it knows that you are dialing an extension. Sounds Boolean to me, LOL. I don't know how long time period is, it may be in the millsecond range but it is pretty seamless. Simple and cool!

By the way make the return to AA setting "Yes" in case you do want the caller to be able to pull back to it by using *. Just add that to the instructions in the AA prompt.

As far as menu levels, it sounds like you have a Flash. Which does only have two levels and trees. See example below, sorry about my humor, I'm on vacation:

Path 0 (menu)= "For the Minister's residence press 1, For the online confessional press 2".
Path 1 (int transfer) = 222(Minster's residence extension)
Path 2 (menu)= "This is the online confessional, press 1 if your sin was small. You will be forgiven and go to a heaven counselor. Press 2 if you sin was terrible, you know where you are going."
Path 21 (int transfer)= 223(heaven counselor extension)
Path 22 (ext transfer)= 666(hell's express desticode, including outdialing digits)

(Be sure not to end on a path on a menu prompt) darnold@americaii.com

Thanks so much for the info. I do have a Flash 4.0 and I did appreciate the humor! Why not? So if I am interpreting your example right path 21 is actually path 1 from the sub menu 2. This should be pretty easy then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back