Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When trying to restore i get status Loading Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin911

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2004
CA
I been trying to restore a tape for arround 30 minutes. I made sure i had the correct tape to restore from i get no message or alert saying to insert another tape the status just keep staying at loading media.

This is on a Windows 2000 server with latest update. The version of Backup Exec is 9.1. Using a tape librairy with 6 slots. Made sure the tape where inserted in the correct slots. Tape 2 to 6 do the full backup and tape 1 is used for incremental backup which i replace each day.

So i added tape 2 to 6 inside the corresponding slot where they should be.

I tried reloading the service and also rebooting the server. The backup work fine only problem seems to be the restore options.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Did you INVENTORY the tapes when you inserted them? If you go to the Devices tab and find the slots, does Backup Exec show the actual labels?

Are there any tapes already in the tape drives?

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Yes i did do an Inventory after and the good tape shows up. But still not working

Just to say that i found what was the problem i restarted the tape robot and everything worked fine after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back