Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When loading Citrix it flashes then disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleo02

Technical User
Mar 15, 2002
CA
Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5 (depending on the workstation)
Win98, w2k depending on the workstation

We have a number of users who, when they try to access our system through Citrix the screen "flashes" then disappears and it never loads. I have tried searching through the registry to determine where wfica32.exe is running and cleared all entries, then reinstalled, but it does not help. We have been trying to determine the cause of this problem for some time and can find no solution. Any thoughts?

Had this problem myself on a couple of Windows ME systems (one was my personal one). Believe it to be a video-related problem.

What version of Windows are you using? And what video card/chipset? (My personal system is an old Matrix video card; the other one I believe is also, but can't get the user to tell me - it's his personal one as well.)

Finally found a resolution for this error. It was happening specifically on machines with high-res monitors. Editing the .ica file and changing the ScreenPercent= from 100 to 70 resolved the problem for all users.

Cleo02, I had a similar problem on a couple of users ME laptops. They had some whacky screen resolutions. Set it to a standard setting 1024x768, and no more problems.

Just another idea for others in a similar situation!

If you are running w2k and the user is not an lokal admin you will get this problem. Change the right och the Citrix folder or give the user local admin rights. Regards Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back