Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When launching Internet Explorer in Win2K pro the computer reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hntrsr

Technical User
Sep 12, 2002
US
I rebuilt this computer recently and it has been protected with Spysweeper and McAfee virus scan. When I installed adobe acrobat on the computer the problem started. Ihave done most of the fixes in the browser thread and some I discovered on Google. I deleted all the Cookis and it work for one launch. I can launch the explorer in the safe mode. I have uninstalled all programs and only Windows and the Driver programs are left on the hard drive.
Can anyone hazard a quess what is causing this problem. The next step is format c:

Thanks for the reply. I am running IE6 and I am not sure which repair tool you are referencing. I have tried the two tools mention in the browser threads. I subscrided to pctools but I have not received the Unlock code. I am not sure it is only a browser problem but I am sure something is amiss in the registry. I reinstall the browser and the trouble did not clear

I ran the Browser repair program and got the following:

Internet Explorer 6 cannot be repaired due to the followinf error:

An error occurred calling
Dllinstall in "C:\WINNT\system32\shdocvw.dll". (HRESULT=80070005)

Hmmm...try unregistering\re-registering the .dll file called then run the Repair again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back