Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When it rains, it pours. Option 11c down

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
OK, this 11c (25.3, I know) started with voice mail issues and now the whole system is down... red lights on all the cards.

I had them shut down, unseat all the cards except the SSC and reboot. When it comes up it just scrolls BUG5325 and won't stop. Hitting Enter doesn't stop it. Idea's?

Thanks

I'd also boot without your mail hooked up. Let the switch come up on its own, then reseat your mail card and see what happens

If you have a tape drive plugged into the MerMail, unplug it. The drive may have died and is taking your system down. We had one corrupt the SSC memory daughter board. Power was coming from the SCSI connection to the SSC and we had to reload the whole system to recover. You might want to upgrade this 23 to 24 also.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

On my way out there (3.5 hour drive). The bug is still going so it's been awhile. Tape drive should be disconnected, at least that's what they told me. I have a spare ssc and daughterboard with me.

Good Luck msteeler. I know the feeling, have had many nights like that as well.

To make you feel a little comfort more pronounced - At least you have spare CPU & Daughterboard. Best of Luck...

Go For It Even If It's Impossible !

so I replaced the ssc first. no luck. the bug error just keeps on going. I moved everything back the original ssc and installed a new daughterboard with 25.3 loaded, but i'm not so sure that it is. it's saying Operating System not loaded, install software delivery card. I do have a backup of the PBX but I don't have a PCMCIA card.

Ideas?

Thanks

I have rounded up a 40mb Sandisk ATA PCMCIA card. I have a backup of this phone system. can I put that on the PCM card, go to ld 143 and do this?

If you do not have an operating system loaded (see post above) then how are you going to go to LD 143??????

From memory, 25.30 used to fail and needed a system software reload. Have you got the software to load this????

Yes, I have 25.3, I found the PCMCIA from Nortel. I tried New Syetem Install but it's not liking my key codes

OK, took my keycodes this time. After i get this back to 25.3.... how do I restore a backup I did remotely using ld 143 XBK. I have the file, just need to understand how to get it to the PBX.

Thanks for all the help

>LD 143
UPGRADE

Select Utilities (item 3)

Select Restore Backed Up Database (item 1)

Select Source of database (1. Backup Flash Drive)

Confirm database restore from the backup flash drive

ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO PERFORM THE RESTORE? (Y)

When backup restore is successful reboot the system.

GOOD LUCK!

Thank you for the help. What could go wrong did go wrong. They have a console connected the PBX, cd and floppy didn't work. I had the backup on my laptop so I connected it... it locked up, so I used the local tech's laptop with the PCM card thinking I could reload from there using utilities... nope.

Anyway, did xrt and sent the file to the PBX (that worked), XVR to verify, back to UPGRADE, option 3, backup to flash drive and then rebooted and it all worked. logged back in, ld 43 for data dump.

Now they have a T1 issue. came in this morning and all the channels were disabled. All kinds of CRC and loss of frame errors. Have ticket open with the LEC.

Now back the first problem they had which is Meridian mail.

Thanks again for all the help. This board is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back