Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

when i'm saving a document for sharing-where does it keep ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaharc1977

Technical User
Oct 23, 2005
IL
Hey

There is the category "documents and lists" (sps or wss it does'nt matter), when i'm creating a new share document/list-where does it keep it ?does it still in the same place that I took it from or it is now in another place in the server which in the sharepoint folder ?

thank you very much

It is in the database, eiter wmsde or sql. Everything exept the install files (And custom site definitions) are stored in the Database, install files can be found here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60

Greetings

So if i'm working with the wmsde option (in my case) it won't be saved in a specific folder that it came from-which the file is in, so if I understand you well-the specific file (for example) will be in two diffrent places-in the wmsde and in the folder and the peole who work with the wss will be useing with the one at the wss...

I hope that I explain myself well

Thank you very much

Well i am srry to say that your english isnt very good, so i have trouble understanding you.
But the file will only be at one location and that is the Database, wss will make it look as if you where working with files and folders (but dont be fooled it is all in the db).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back