Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When I get the error code 150.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuedm

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
IE
When I run bperror there are sometimes 150 errors which is a job being terminated manually.

How can I determine which user terminated the job? I've been searching through the logs without success so far. Maybe I'm just searching for the wrong string.

Any ideas?

There is no way to determine who terminated a job

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Stumpr is correct, there is no way to single out who or what killed the backup. This is why you should have the staff that uses netbackup create logs of when they kill backups (sometimes to reroute due to drive issues) or whatever the case may be. This way you can tell when someone else other than you killed a backup. Also a simple reboot of the media server during an active backup could also show as a 150 or the netbackup services being restarted on the master or media servers will also show this error.

50s and 150s together might mean the server/network had issue's.

50 is "proces aborted" btw

Thanks for the replies.

I have sent an enhancement request to Veritas which asks for better tracking of which user terminates a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back