Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When I call an outside line my desk phone shows up as a different number

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBanks2014

Technical User
Mar 20, 2014
US
Hello,

To start off with I am new to Cisco CM. I just started a job where the old VoIP Admin left and I was given his responsibilities. I do have years of experience with Avaya CM but zero in Cisco.

That being said. I need help figuring out why when I call my cell phone from my desk phone (7004) it shows up as 6521? I am running version 6.1.4.2190-3. I don't see anything in the Device > Phone screen that would change the routing. In Avaya I could run a trace route and figure out where this was happening, is there any thing like that with the Cisco CM?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Take a look at your phone programming. For the line you are having issues with, towards the bottom of the page, you should see External Phone Number Mask. This should reflect your number, ie 1235551234 or 123555XXXX (capital X not lowercase) the XXXX will replace the outgoing number with the extension information above.

Ok so I did what you said and it did change the number on the first line of the phone but the number still shows wrong when I dial my cell phone.

Sounds like the number may be controlled by the Telco. Is this a main number for your office or department?

If this is so, the Telco would have to make the change. Does the correct number show from other peoples phones?

If you have access to the gateway the call is going out, you can at least see what youre trying to send out by turning on debugging. Otherwise its the telco. Generally Verizon is a pain in the butt with these things.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back