Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When dialing 94 and number i am routed to ac1. How do i route it to ac2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chansel77

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
US
Currently I have several NXX and SPN that need to match. Is there a way to point to AC2 when dialing 94 rather than pointing to ac2? This would allow me to put all SPN's on AC2 so they dont conflict with NXX's

I'd have that vendor come back in and fix their mistakes.

Re-reading your posts above, you're at a US Military post using the military's DSN network. From what you've said in your original posts - sounds like you're on a military post. Ergo the SPN table. Yikes. Those can get a bit complicated. Have yet to deal with that myself in the field. I'd check with some other posts and see how their ESN, NPA, NXX, SPN and RLB tables are set up.

But sounds like you have AC1 for 9. SPN's for 8 (FTS), 4 (DSN), and 9 (local/LD). Not sure if you really need those other SPN's. But like I said - check with other Nortel guys at other military bases and see what they're doing.

I would recommend that you not use AC1, but route all commercial calls using Trunk Steering Codes (TSC) and use AC2 for only DSN calls. Example 99-xxx-xxxx for local calls 97-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx for long distance call. It also prevents numbering conflicts. By not using AC1 it also prevents unauthorized users from accessing /using you system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back