Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When booting SBS 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie1227

Vendor
Feb 19, 2004
US
I have experienced this with a few of our client offices and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.

Whenever I restart the server it does not boot right into windows but prompts you to hit F1 to continue or F2 for setup. Once hitting F1 it boots into windows fine. This is an issue especially having to reboot remotely and no one on site to press the F1 key. Thanks for any help on this.

There is no message? Just, "Hit F1 to Continue"? What does the POST display right before the F1 message?

I would refer to the manufacture BIOS codes. What kind of hardware? It could be something as small as replacing the BIOS battery

Thanks Sniper and bridge re. I am actually going to call dell as they both are poweredge servers, and will post the resolution.

You might keep an eye on the POST data as it's coming up. We've got a newer HP G4 we were setting up that did that. Turned out that we didn't have one of the redundant power supplies plugged in and the SCSI startups were shoving the message off the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back