Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When AX Does Not Work to Get MerMail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHTROUT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2005
US
Can someone refresh my memory on all the things to look at when "AX" does not get MerMail on an Option11

This is also a Hotel/Motel environment - I don't *think* that precludes AX from working... does it?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

you can try "AX" then the tty/aml number

Cheers

AX works at hotel/motel environments.

Never had it not work so I can't help with a workaround though.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

If you type AX return and get nothing, try Control R to rewrite the screen.
When you do type AX are you still getting access to the PBX or nothing?

AX alone results in an SCH (or OVL, I'm walking another person through some stuff)

I do know they are logged in to the PBX

Possible related, they also tell me they see the word "MNEMONIC" on their dumb terminal prior to LOGI'ing into the PBX - but just the same all overlays and commands work.

Terminal is VT220 8N1, etc. no modem on the system yet, so remote walk-thru is it for now.

Waiting for results on the AX n (n=Mail AML)

MerMail system answers voice calls.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Maybe you've already tried this but sometimes the AX gets hung up in such a way only a power down, or sometimes a INI will resolve it. does CTRL } give you anything ? ? ?

I've also seen where another TTY port has been logged into MerMail. Only one session can be logged in at a time. Could it be?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Another thought, If this has been rebooted or INI'ed is there a tape in the drive ? ? ? Maybe stuck in trying to reload application ? ? ? Just a thought ? ? ?

Forget last post you said its answering. . . .

I will definitely report back what we find.

MNEMONIC" means that the tty port is set up as background terminal. used to manually set wake calls, message waiting, check ins, check outs and so on.

Are they logged into MerMail locally? Or, have them log in, get into MerMail and then log out of MerMail, returning properly to the PBX.

Is there an A/B box connected that might be switched to local v. remote?

AX 8

That got us in.

Thanks to all!

Just out of curiousity what release PBX/Mermail.

Hi Guys,

Don't forget that if you have an Option 11 with e.g. a Miran 1 or 2 card in the main cabinet, then you can configure access to the Miran card via configuration of a ADAN port.

When this happens, Meridian Mail would always be AX 8 and access to the Miran card would be using the ADAN port number.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back