Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When already on a call ,the caller id on the second line doesn't showu 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaktabu123

Programmer
Apr 13, 2010
US
When already on a call, when there is second incoming call for example on an ip phone 1230 there is no caller id information displayed.

This is for both release 5.50J and 6.0.

Not sure if I missed anything.

CLS NAMA DNDA CNDA are all there on the set.

Please let me know if there is anything else. This is like priority if someone can help quickly please.

Try CLS TDD; don't know if it will work on IP set.

Try CLS ADD

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

We had the same problem. To fix it, we changed key 0 to an MCR key and then added another MCR key for the same DN on key 1. This allowed caller ID to show up when someone called while on key 0. Hope this helps.

good bndaid but shouldn't have to mcr, take out cnda (cndd)

Mato' Was'aka

Not sure how IP is different from digital phones, but on my M3904, when a call comes to second line while I'm on the first line, the first line caller ID continues to display. I have a DISPLAY key (Key 03 DSP)that I can press, then press the ringing line to see that line's caller ID.

Let us know if that solves it for you.

captnamo - if you cls TDD, you wouldn't need dsp key, which they have TDD already, but have a unique problem w/ the 1230 set.

Mato' Was'aka

I have always found DNDA in the class of service to cause this behaviour. Change to DNDD, and see what happens. Keep TDD, then the only thing Display is good for is to query AutoDial keys if you change the feature key label on them.

glad you said that, I meant dndd not cndd, but often have to toggle them both around to arrive at dndd..

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back