Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When adding 2nd KSU - LG ARIA 300 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I have 1 KSU and contains different cards such as WTIB, SLIB12.
-DKTU station number assigments from 100 to 195 at the moment.
-Analog station numbers from 196 to 207.
-Wireless handset station numbers from 208 to 223.

I want to reorganize station numbers and;
-Increase DKTU (Digital handsets)from 100 to 244.
-Analog and wireless handsets will be allocated to the 245 and above.

To achiev that I think my new DTIB24 card shoudl be placed next to the existing DTIB24s!

My question is;
Can I collect all DTIB24s in 1st KSU and put all other variety cards to the second KSU? As you know if you have 1 KSU only you cannot put more than 4 DTIB24s. That point little confused me.

Hi

You can install the new DTIB24 into the 2nd cab and just use slot assignment(PGM101,103) to shuffle to extns around.

ie:
#1 DTIB24
#2 DTIB24
#3 DTIB24
#4 DTIB24
#5 SLIB12
#6 WTIB
#10 DTIB24

pgm 103 would read 01,02,03,04,10,05,06

This would move your slt and wtib ports up by 24 ports.

Cheers

Eats

Hi,

I would like to remove SLIB12 because it is occupaying 12x station numbers as analog from 196 to 207. Thats why I was wondering if I can put 5th DTIB24 instead in 1st KSU! Can I do that?

Hi

As im not at work and currently using my home laptop I havent got the LG documents to hand but if I remember correctly there is a lower limit on ports for the 1st cab in a 300 compared to the 2nd and 3rd cab. I think youre over on time slots and porting if you try to have 120 digital ports in the main cab. In fact I think its 96 digital max.

Are you getting rid of the slib completely just to allow the continuation of the digital ports? or are you converting the slts to digital ports?

You can have dtib's, slib's and wtib's in different cabs. (SLIBS require RGU's in the cab)

I would leave the 4 dtibs in cab 1, install the new dtibs in cab 2, move the slib, rgu and wtib into cab 2 and then just slot assign it accordingly.

Whatever you do the dtib24 needs to go into the 2nd cab.

Cheers

Eats

Hi

The UK manual states: 96 digitals in the 1st cab, 192 digitals in 1st & 2nd cabs and 288 digitals in all 3 cabs. These are the maximums and you would also have to consider time ports other stations, co boards capacities and power issues too.

Please reply with exactly whats in cab 1 as you've not mentioned a PRI,BRI,VOIB or LCOB?

Eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back