Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wheel on mouse changes records on form???? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisaroundtown

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
AU
Hi,

I have a form with users entering data into a table. If you tab through the fields the form changes records to the next, or previous, record in the table. I overcame this problem by changing the "cycle" property on the form to "current page". However, users with a wheel on their mouse have the same problem when they scroll down using the wheel.

Any ideas on how I can prevent users from accessing other records using the wheel on their mouse?

Thanks
Chris.

I am going to use the activeX approach for now. Does anyone know how to register the control with a batch file?

-Jedi420

A man who has risked his life knows that careers are worthless, and a man who will not risk his career has a worthless life.

AlienRay AND NorthNone,

Having searched for a solution to this, and having already tried the Mousetrap fix (which is cool, but am having some activeX issues with ver. 2003, namely, having to reinstall them) I was hoping to get by without a LONG VB procedure, though willing to learn how to make one work.

So, to make a long story short, the solution you two came up with is my favorite way of dealing with this annoying mouse feature. Works beautifully and is worth the copy and paste effort for the exit procedures.

I thank you and, even though this thread is old, I wanted to revive it and give you both stars. I'm kind of new so hope this is not inappropriate to do.

cheerio,
twd

Thanks, TWD. Have a great weekend!

---------------------------------------
The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back